Today’s Daily Prompt: Captain Picard was into Earl Grey tea; mention the Dude and we think: White Russians. What’s your signature beverage — and how did it achieve that status?
My potion is definitely the simplest, yet healthiest drink of them all: good old water.
Can you think of any other drink that has zero calories, zero sugar, organic, cheap, non-addictive and has all the health benefits that everyone needs? I don’t think so. It’s good for your kidneys, your skin and your digestion. Doctors recommend that we each should drink at least eight glasses of water each day – which is not a lot.
Since taking up sports, I have been an avid water drinker. Although just like every other teenage kid in my area (and probably most of the world), I had a phase where all I drank was soft drinks and energy drinks. But I soon returned to water after realising that no other drink could replace it. Water is my preferred beverage even in restaurants. Despite my love for coffee, people still associate me with drinking water.
While I was teaching in a primary school, I made a conscious effort to always carry my water bottle anywhere I go. I hoped that I could not only tell the kids to drink more water, but to also show them that I too were drinking lots of it.
Tell us about one thing (or more) that you promised yourself you’d accomplish by the end of the year. How would you feel once you do? What if you don’t
– Daily Post
Here are my goals for this year:
1. Get on the Educational Psychology doctorate programme – my long-time dream and passion
2. Change my lifestyle – better diet and nutrition, and a sustainable exercise regime.
3. Develop and maintain a healthy work/study/play balance
4. Maintain a positive outlook in life
5. Make at least three people smile everyday
How am I doing so far and how am I feeling?
1. I got in, therefore I am happy. Although I believe that this opportunity comes with a ton of responsibilities.
2. I have lost weight and developed a great health plan. I just need to maintain it althroughout my life.
3. This is the holy grail for most people, right? I’m still working on tweaking a thing or two but I’m confident that I’ll get there.
4. I’m mostly happy. Being mindful of what I am doing and feeling certainly helps. Also, having a great support network around me definitely helps a lot!
5. This can be challenging, but making people smile has one of the best rewards- satisfaction and good feeling deep within.
More Great Expectations:
Not a punkrocker
The wandering poet
Dreams of a phoenix
Fiction in flashes
Under the monkey tree
All things cute and beautiful