During my travels in Beijing, I have had a hard time with communicating with the locals. I had a very difficult time trying to find my way around the city because the signs were incredibly confusing.
They try their best to communicate with you, which is great. However, there are signs and product labels that were poorly translated to English. Here are the best ones:
10. An incredibly talented artist who can…
9. Use Google Translate, they say. It will be fine, they say…
8. The best way to tell shoppers that photography is not allowed:
7. I still don’t get this. I found this gem of a sign in the men’s toilets at Beijing Zoo:
6. Found in the men’s toilet at The Red Theatre. Not to be taken literally! The floors are slippery. But if you want to slip, do it carefully!
5. A rather confusing I Love Beijing t-shirt
4. Yet another Google Translate gem. This is a postcard, by the way.
3. The ‘No Parking Sign’ sign
2. Found in a Chinese Medical centre
1. I don’t mind if you don’t find this funny because my water bottle does!